Flight Instructor Job Description
CTI-PFT has a variety of incentives available for new instructors, including:
- On-the-job paid training
- Competitive hourly rate
- Housing available
Whether you’re a brand new instructor looking to build time and experience, a professional pilot who loves to teach, or a retired aviator who enjoys working with student pilots, CTI PFT can tailor incentives to suit your needs. Contact us today to find out more about what we have to offer. Great things are happening at CTI PFT!
Check out our latest instructor spotlight video:
Education: Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) required. MEI certificate preferred.
Minimum requirements: Must hold current second-class medical certificate. Must be IFR current. Experience in a 141 environment a plus.
General Skills: Knowledge of various flight instruction instrumentation and equipment. Interpersonal/human relations skills. Verbal and written communication skills (English language). Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically. Ability to reason logically and methodically. Ability to perform in stressful situations. Attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- - Participates in standardization training for each course that is taught and piece of equipment used in instruction.
- - Maintain flight proficiency for each instructed course.
- - Adhere to all FAA regulations and departmental policies and procedures.
- - Research new and improved teaching techniques.
- - Ensure all flight lessons are completed according to the Training Course Outline specifications.
- - Ensure all appropriate endorsements are documented in student flight books and personal logbooks.
- - Request stage checks upon completion of each stage of flight training with Chief Instructor; ensure all flight lessons and flight books are completed before submitting stage check request.
- - Ensure all training activities, flights and briefings are conducted during normal business hours.
- - Assist in the preparation of flights (pull aircraft in/out of hangar, assist in tie-downs, etc.).
- - Attend meetings as needed/requested.
- - Perform other duties as assigned.
NQA, Millington, TN
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT but merely is intended to evaluate suitability for employment. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal law. It is also the policy of the company to have the option of conducting pre-employment screening before a job offer is made. If a job offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and/or medical examination. This application will remain active for 2 years.