Which Flight Course is Right for You?

Whether you’re new to flying or you simply want to brush up your skills at CTI Professional Flight Training, you’ll want to make sure to choose a flight course that’s right for you.  CTI offers a wide range of flight courses designed to meet your specific needs. Here is a summary of our most popular courses to point you in the right direction. 

The Private Pilot’s License

If you’ve never flown before, this flight course is where you want to start. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the basic rules of flight and get qualified to charter your own plane.  You’ll even be able to take your friends and family for a ride if you want.

The Private Pilot’s License is the equivalent to a driver’s license, but for aircraft.  You have to be 16 years old to fly solo but will need to wait until you are 17 to be awarded your license.  You may find our Part 141 Private Pilot course (requiring at least 35 hours of flight) is all you need to fit your goals as a pilot.  However, it doesn’t qualify you to fly in certain weather conditions or accept payment to fly.

Instrument Rating Course

After receiving your Private Pilot’s License, you can learn how to fly and navigate under instrument flight rules (IFR) conditions.  In the instrument rating course, you’ll learn to fly using the information from the instruments in the cockpit, even when you can’t see outside the window.

Once complete, you’ll have learned more advanced flight maneuvers and know how to fly in inclement weather.  The FAA Part 141 Instrument Rating course requires you to clock at least 35 hours of flight time.  You’ll also learn about flight planning and different approach procedures.  CTI recommends the Instrument Rating Course to all our students because it makes you a safer and more confident pilot.

Commercial Pilot’s License

Is getting paid to fly your goal? You’ll need a Commercial Pilot’s License.  There are two available – the Commercial ASEL (Airplane Single Engine Land) and the Commercial AMEL (Airplane Multi-Engine Land).  At CTI Professional Flight Training, you can learn both at the same time because we teach these together. It broadens your ability and post-program prospects. 

The Commercial Pilot’s License will introduce you to complex aircraft, like those with retractable landing gear, moveable flaps, and a controllable-pitch propeller.  At the end of your training, you’ll be able to work for US airlines, or could continue to build your hours to comply with other international requirements.

Multi-Engine Add-On Program

CTI’s Multi-Engine Add-On Program is for anyone who wants to fly multi-engine aircraft. You can take it once you’ve completed your private or commercial single-engine course.  Compared to the other courses, this program is relatively short, only taking one week under FAA Part 61.  The course opens more doors for you as it qualifies you to fly a greater range of aircraft.

Certified Flight Instructor Course

If you want to share your love of flying with others, take a Certified Flight Instructor Course.  You’ll learn how to teach aspiring aviators and help them achieve their dream of flying.  You’ll learn how to carry out flight maneuvers from the co-pilot seat, boost your teaching skills, and a lot more.

There’s a flight course for everyone at CTI Professional Flight Training.  So whether you want to make a career of it or just fly for fun, get in touch today to get started!

Leave a Comment