Millington-Memphis Airport: the home of our Tennessee flight school
Have you noticed our Tennessee flight school base is now called Millington-Memphis Airport? Formerly Millington Regional Jetport, our home location has undergone a name change – but still offers the same fantastic facilities for all students, visiting pilots and guests! So let’s take this opportunity to remind ourselves of everything that’s great about Millington-Memphis Airport…
Just 12 miles (20 minutes) north of downtown Memphis, Millington-Memphis Airport is based in Shelby County, right in the middle of the Memphis Aerotropolis. It couldn’t be easier to find, being superbly connected with Highways 51 and 385, as well as Interstate 40. What’s more, the Canadian National Railroad runs right past the airfield too!
Everything you need to train, fly and relax
Millington-Memphis Airport boasts a range of fantastic facilities, which is why we at CTI Professional Flight Training love operating from here. These include:
- An 8,000 ft runway
- An airport control tower manned 20 hours a day by FAA-certified controllers
- A large apron space – perfect for all types of aircraft, including private, commercial and cargo planes
- An ideal position to support scheduled commercial services
- An onsite Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Department, manned 24-hours a day and featuring two 3,000 gallon ARFF vehicles and two 1,000 gallon ARFF vehicles
- 36,000 sq ft of hangar space with a 150ft-wide door opening
- 20,000 sq ft cargo building currently being restored
- 4 corporate and 40 T-hangars for smaller aircraft
- 65,000 sq ft of office and industrial shop space
- A range of vibrant events held onsite, including the Memphis Air Show
- Hotels, motels, car rental, and restaurants nearby
Home to CTI Professional Flight Training!
We may be biased, but another unique element about Millington-Memphis Airport is that you’ll find us there too! As one of the airport’s fixed-base operators (FBOs), we offer a range of services for pilots flying in and out of Memphis, including full aircraft maintenance, avionics, charter services and re-fuelling.
On top of that, there’s our fantastic flight school and state-of-the-art facilities and lounges to enjoy. In short, what’s not to love about Millington-Memphis Airport?
If you’ve never visited us before, but would like to find out more about CTI, learning to fly, or our fantastic facilities, get in touch to find out more. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!